Most of you know what credit history means and maybe have a good one. Those who do not know what does it mean should understand it first and then get one for yourself as well. A credit history is a document that contains all the payment details. For example, it has the details of the successful and unsuccessful EMIs or credit card bill payments. So, the report is a document which has the payment track of all documented debts.
It is also true that a good credit history does not mean you have good credit score as well. The score can be improved over a period of time but if you have been a defaulter in the past, it might reflect in the report for 7 years.
If you have never checked your CIBIL score, you may do it. But, if you have taken any type of debt in the past, only then you will get the report. Otherwise, you will get zero CIBIL score. To get CIBIL report free and check credit score, you can simply follow the steps below:
Check CIBIL score by PAN Card for free
You can visit the official website of CIBIL and follow these steps:
- Go to check CIBIL score page
- Provide your full name as mentioned on the PAN card
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Choose the gender you belong to
- Mention your PAN card number
- Enter your contact address
- Provide the email ID fn which you want to get the credit report
- Enter your mobile number
- Submit the form
How can you download CIBIL report?
Just like you can check your CIBIL score easily, you can get the report as well without any hassle. You can get the credit score check free from the same website from where you have checked you score. There is an option to download it as PDF. You can save the document on your email ID for reference purposes.
In which accounts does CIBIL Report reflect?
- All Loan Accounts
- Credit Cards
- Settled and Unsettled Accounts
- Joint Loan Account
- All Closed Loan Accounts
- Accounts Where You Are As Guarantor
- Holding Add-on Card
How to improve CIBIL Score
Here are some of the simple ways to improve or generate a good CIBIL or credit score.
- You can apply for a loan
- You can apply for a Credit Card
- Avoid unnecessary usage of credit cards.
- Try to maintain more than 30% of your credit card limit.
- If possible, do not go for prepayment of the loans as it affects the credit score.
- Pay your loan EMIs or the credit card bill on time.
As you can see, improving your credit score is as easy as maintaining a savings account. You just have to keep a track of your expenses and make sure everything is going your way. To be able to do it, start paying attention to small expenses and see whether you actually have to do it with your credit card or not. In the case of loans, you have to be very serious about repayment.